Sunday, June 28, 2015

At Last : IHOP

They say that Breakfast is the important meal of the day and as a foodie it’s been a long time dream for me to dine in to “one of the most renowned breakfast restaurant chain in the US”. Thankfully, it’s my birthday and an office colleague gifted me a GC as a present. And finally, IHOP happened to me! LOL!


I invited my friend Clarence, to try out the IHOP branch at Century Mall in Makati
The store wasn’t crowded as it used to be when it was opened here in Manila a few years ago. Actually, there are like four sets of customer at that time. So quiet it feels like a library! LOL!


How cute the lanterns are. I want to take one and design it to my room.

We ordered Pick a Pancake Combo (P385) and Pot Roast Pasta (P295).

Photo with Clarence. (I waited for her for almost two hours! Girls!! #WHOGOAT)

We first taste the Pot Roast Pasta. Clang and I agreed that this pasta was delicious. I loved the creamy penne and the flavor of sauteed tomatoes. Even more, the star of this dish is the garlic bread. It was fluffy and tasted like a french toast, I actually wanted more. Best Garlic Bread ever!
For our Pick a Pancake Combo, we had the  Breakfast Platter and New York Cheesecake Pancakes.

The Breakfast Platter includes Eggs, Bacon Strips and Hashbrowns. The eggs and bacon were cooked great. However, the hashbrowns is a major disappointment for me,there is something about the texture and the taste was very different and off to me.

And finally, The New York Cheesecake Pancakes. Not a fan of both strawberries and cheesecake,a hint that I didn’t enjoy it. And were like really full because we had so much of the pasta. The reason I chose it because it looks beautiful and stunning compared to the other pancakes. Perfect photo for my Instagram. Haha! The pancakes were fluffy though.

You can choose your preferred syrup. The buttermilk pancakes with just Butter Pecan syrup is actually good.


Overall, it was quite an experience. The food servings were big and can be shared by 2-3 persons, the prices were quite affordable, knowing that it was a franchise from the US and the ambiance looks peaceful. Maybe I’m expecting too much for the food, aside from the awesome pasta, everything was just okay. I’m just really glad that i can finally check out IHOP to my restaurant bucket list. Thank you Nereen for the GC's!

IHOP (International House Of Pancakes)
Ground Floor, Century City Mall
Kalayaan Avenue, Poblacion, Makati City
890-1474



No comments:

Post a Comment