Sunday, July 5, 2015

Viva La Vida : MEXICALI

I was craving for nachos one Saturday afternoon, so after were done checking out the sale items in the mall. I tagged along a friend to visit and try out again my favorite Mexican restaurant (although they served Californian Burrito), Mexicali!


The place was quite small and it was located besides SM Supermarket Mega A. The interiors had it’s Mexican vibe and I loved how the chair has green and red colors. There is also a counter there where you can watch how your Mexican food being prepared.


Presenting...The Mexicali’s Menu!!!!!!!!
We ordered Ground Beef Burrito (P178), Combo 3 (P208) and Jalapeno Cheese Fries (P128).The serving time is quite fast, we got our orders completed in about 5-10 minutes.
They first served us the Jalapeno Cheese Fries. Actually, it was my third time here and it was quite sad that the fries serving got smaller. But, the taste didn't sacrifice, the fries were cooked excellent and the cheese was not rationed. Moreover, the jalapeno added some kick and flavor that make this dish very good choice for our appetizer.
I got the regular sized Ground Beef Burrito. For starters, Burrito is like a taco but it was only folded into a cylindrical shape. My burrito was quite strange, because after each bite I tasted different ingredients. Like first I had beans then the beef, veggies and then the rice. Haha! Nevertheless, the burrito cooked great and tasted good while filling it with Mexicali’s awesome sour cream. It was also served with Nachos.
Boss Mon chose Combo Three, it includes a Ground Beef Taco, four pieces Cheese & Garlic Quesadillas and a glass of Iced Tea.


The Cheese and Garlic Quesadillas was awesome, the idea of a tortilla filled with cheese was just very cool to me and with garlic that added a little bit of spice, it tasted beyond good. And the Beef Taco was a level up from your ordinary tacos.


I will say that Mexicali was a great restaurant that offers quite affordable Mexican foods. I’m such a big fan of their cheesy fries and quesadillas and I will come back for more. VIVA MEXICALI!!


Mexicali
SM Megamall Bldg. A. Mandaluyong City
02 6356079

No comments:

Post a Comment