Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Under the Sea : BAG O' SHRIMPS

As I celebrated my birthday last Sunday, I generously (Haha!) invited my office mates for a dinner at Bag O’ Shrimps located at 2nd floor of SM Megamall Atrium.




The place was quite special because of the nautical elements of the decorations and I almost feel like a Sailor, who will dine out to a nearby seafood restaurant. Haha!
I like how the menu is very limited and they don’t have a lot of dishes to choose from, so you can order easy and you will know exactly what they really want to sell.
We ordered rather I ordered (haha!) Bag O’ Momma Shrimps (P565), Dynamite Sticks (P135) and Crispy Calamari (P255).
As the sign said “EAT WITH YOUR HANDS”. My office mates were quite hesitant at first, but when they saw me digging it, they immediately wash their hands so they can also enjoy the food.
A group selfie before we destroy these mouthwatering creatures. My Hungry Office mates!! Haha!
For our appetizer, they served us Dynamite Sticks. It’s made of cheese inside the jalapeno inside a spring roll wrapper. Haha! This was the bomb. Literally, the spiciness of jalapeno explodes in your mouth. I’m a fan of spicy food so this was definitely one of my favorites and its quite cheaper for that serving.
Next we have the Crispy Calamari. A pan fried squid coated with their batter and kinda looks like an onion rings  than a calamari; for the taste, it’s the usual calamari that you ordered in a nearby restaurant.
And the star of the night, the SHRIMPS! You can choose from four flavors (Bag O’ Momma, Cajun, Lemon Pepper and Garlic Butter) and the level of spiciness (Mild, Medium, Hot and Very Hot) you prefer. They served us the 453g of Very Hot Bag O’ Momma Shrimps; it was the mixture of the three other flavors with added corn (you can add sausages too.).
I like shrimps but I’m not the biggest enthusiast, but my experience in BOS turned me into a fan, the sauce was tasty and I don’t have a hard time munching eat because I just put the head away then eat it with the shell. Gross!! Haha! The only problem I had (and also my office mates) that it was too spicy for my own good. I believe that I almost use all the tissues available in our table because of it. Lesson learned!

Overall, it was a great experience. I will definitely comeback and maybe put down the spiciness level of my shrimps.



Bag O' Shrimps

2nd Floor, SM Megamall Atrium Ortigas, Mandaluyong City
Phone Number : 2469069 ext. 203

No comments:

Post a Comment