Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Okay - YO! PANDA

I was going to meet my college friends last week for a little catching up session about life, work and other stuff, but one of them suddenly need to take an overtime because of an urgent work. I was kind of sad of what happened only because I’m on my way to Ortigas already, good thing that my
cousin is on her way home so I asked her to join me for a quick dinner at Yo! Panda.



Yo! Panda is one of the newest food establishment at SM Megamall located at the 4th floor of Mega A Building, the resto is actually is having a big buzz on social media that caught the attention of the foodies around the metro because of their signature bubble waffle.
The minute I entered the restaurant I immediately smell the waffles being cooked that makes my stomach so hungry. Ambiance feels like a garden setting with all the lights and artificial vines surrounding the area and there is only limited seats, so there will be few times that you need to wait. The menu was quite limited to Asian snackbites and a bit pricey.
Waffle menu from Zomato.
Fried Chicken Bao (P160). I love the crispiness of the chicken that was cooked well but the reason why I commend this dish is because of the fire sauce, it gives you the right amount of kick that so perfect for my palette. I just wish it was bigger considering it’s price but overall good dish.
Crispy Pork Chop w/ Cheese Sauce and Noodles (P280). The cousin ordered this because she doesn’t want rice due to her diet, well hello there noodles. Haha! As for her verdict, she enjoyed this meal, the meat was good and seasoned well but because of the cheese sauce and it was quite a big serving there is an “umay” factor after a while of munching it.

Vanilla Soft Serve Bubble Waffle (P180). Of course, it will not be a perfect Yo! Panda experience if we haven’t tried their signature dessert, we chose to have the Peanut Dulce De Leche. The egg bubble waffle is okay, it actually tasted like a snack called Eggnog, chewy light but not so sweet; the waffle becomes soggy after a couple of minutes due to the soft serve. Meanwhile, the flavor we chose was great, creamy and it goes really well with the waffle and Ice Cream and I think I tasted a chocnut inside.
Yo! Panda is a promising newbie food establishment, I hope they can improve their mediocre service. As for the food, it’s alright but nothing really stood out for me that I can recommend it to my friends except the overhype Bubble Waffle. Overall, we have an okay dine-in experience and maybe I can visit it again in the future.


YO! PANDA Fourth Floor SM Megamall A
Ortigas Mandaluyong City
Contact No. (02) 2469069 ext:522

No comments:

Post a Comment