Sunday, October 4, 2015

Better In Time : TEX-MEX

Y’all know now that I’ve been eating a lot of Mexican dishes lately. From Tacos, Quesadillas, Nachos and Burrito, so to fix my weekly cravings, I decided to have a quick snack at Tex-Mex located at SM Megamall Food Hall.


The food hall has an extensive stalls selection. And it was quite a breath of fresh air seeing a different or I must say an upscale version of food court at Megamall.
So for our orders, we have Nachos Mexgrande (P159), Grilled Chicken Burrito (P179) and The Grande Burger (P199).
For appetizers, we have this Nachos Mexgrande. It was nice to see a nacho chips in color red, purple and green topped by generous amount of cheese, tomatoes and beans. That’s food coloring of course, it tasted okay. Nothing really special with this one, it was colorful, the end.
My friend got the Grande Burger and it was served with fries. The patty was seasoned well. Actually, the fries is the star of this dish, the potatoes were cooked perfectly, crispy and delicious.
I ordered Grilled Chicken Burrito. I love how this dish was presented, definitely an Instagram worthy. LOL!. I also like that they put it into half so I will not have a hard time munching it. As for the taste, the grilled chicken and the rice were cooked well.The salsa is kinda rubbery and the white sauce is underseasoned.. Overall, the burrito was just okay.
I would say that Tex-Mex satisfy my Mexican cravings. For a quick snack, it was alright but none of the dish has the wow factor in the taste department (except for the side dish,the fries). Will probably come back at the Food Hall to try out the other restaurant besides Tex-Mex.

Tex-Mex
5th Floor Mega Fashion  Food Hall. SM Megamall

Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City

No comments:

Post a Comment